Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 4

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the chances of Justin Timberlake lodging at my Ronald McDonald House are pretty slim...sooooo...I've decided to leave Room 6 and mingle with the people who are here. And I made a friend. She's a beautiful, Brazilian mother (of quadruplets!!!) who speaks about as much English as Davis. One of her four little ones is also receiving treatment at Conductive Education, so we've been chatting about our common experiences. It's so fun trying to translate her half Portuguese/half English words. And then attempting to fire back with some of my own half Spanish (I don't even know if they understand Spanish)/half English words. She'll start to tell me something about something, notice my puzzled expression, and just toss her hands up and shake her head in laughter. She's shared a lot of great information with me, though - mostly about other therapy services that she's participated in.

Davis' hour of therapy today went ok. He threw a couple fits, but I guess that's to be expected. He did the rope walking thing, practiced standing, and walking with the cane. She let me take the cane home with us, so we practiced walking up and down the halls for about an hour tonight.

P.S. We're not allowed to have any food or drinks in our room...and...I've been breaking that rule since I walked through the doors on Sunday. I think I got caught this morning...I'll keep you posted. I may end up homeless.

No comments: