Monday, July 27, 2009

Ok, don't be alarmed. I'm back. In full effect, even. The tail end of this summer has been so busy for Mrs. Momma Nunley. Davis starts school at Little River Elementary on Monday. MONDAY! And with much thanks to Sonny Perdue and this furlough crap, I have no idea who his teacher or therapists are going to be or what times he'll attend during the day. My head has been spinning. I've called every person in the Cherokee County School System and no one has any idea what the plan is. MONDAY! Ridiculous.

And, just to add insult to injury, I've made the decision to find Davis a new Speech, Occupational, and Physical therapist. It's not that I'm unhappy with his current ones; I just need to make his and my life easier. We drive 30 minutes to get to ST and OT every week, which hasn't been a problem until now. With his upcoming schedule (school every day), this commute seems like a burden. His PT, who's been with us since Davis was 6 months old, does home visits and I think he'll benefit more from actually going to a clinic for this service. So, I've been calling around to find availability, but can't really tell anyone what our availability is...again...furlough.

Also, I found a Conductive Ed facility in Dacula. I've been calling and emailing them to set up a day to go out there and visit the place, but I'm starting to think they don't actually have a place anymore. They're phone has been disconnected. Boo.

I found this great article that better explains the whole conductive education concept. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/02/24/60II/main601944.shtml. A man named Andras Peto is credited for realizing that, if the brain is exercised enough, it will train the mind to coordinate with the muscles. People like him have helped guarantee that people like Davis can and will live normal, independent lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was starting to wonder when I'd see another post.

Anonymous said...

yea me too.... I am addicted to you and your son and what goes on with you guys. Miss you much always....T