Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our weekend in Florida

Davis stood all by himself during therapy on Friday. He was shooting baskets and didn't even realize that she had let go of him. Then she made him do muscle strengthening exercises (lifting dumbbells, doing squats, push-ups, etc.). I thought I was in my Step Plus Abs Class for a second. It was the funniest thing ever.


After therapy, Davis and I headed to Tampa to stay with Michelle for the weekend. This is her cute house just outside of downtown. We spent about 75% of our time there in her pool.
Friday night, she took us to this place called Square One Burgers. It was like an upscale burger joint with a full bar.

To celebrate the 4th, we headed to the beach, set up shop, and waited for the sunset. It was so pretty. Michelle bought Davis a million beach toys. And, of course, all he wanted to do was play with her iPhone. The fireworks show was the coolest thing I've ever seen! There were about 40 boats shooting off fireworks all along the horizon of the ocean. Then, all up and down the beach (as far as you could see) there were fireworks going off like every 50 yards. It was so cool. Here's Davis taking it all in!

It was so nice to get away and spend some much needed time with My Michelle!! I miss her already.


Now, it's back to reality. Only 2 more days and Pa will be here!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I am so jealous of your weekend! Sounds like you guys had a great time. So happy you saw Michelle and can’t wait to hear stories.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy he is doing so well and he is a lucky little boy to have you and Justin and parents. Tell my brother Hi for me and that I miss him... luv you T