Thursday, July 30, 2009

I finally talked to someone who works for the Conductive Education facility in Dacula! I called the city hall down there, mostly to see if the place was still open and they gave me a number that lead me to their former owner. She then gave me the current coordinator's number. I left her a message this afternoon. Coincidentally enough, her husband, who also runs A Step To Independence, saw my email from last week and called me. The reason they've all been M.I.A. is because they only operate for a couple weeks every other month. He and I had a long conversation about our common experiences from raising a child with CP and let me know how they run things at their facility. Basically, they stay very closely in line with the teachings at the original Conductive Education Center in Hungary (The Peto Institute...named, of course, after the man I mentioned in my older post). Soooo....the wild goose chase is over and I plan to visit them in September, during their next Session!

Also, Davis' teacher called me today! She sounded very sweet and we can't wait to meet her tomorrow. A girlfriend of mine, who also works at Little River, went over to her classroom today and scoped her out for me!!! She said that she had a very organized classroom (be still my heart!) and that Davis will only have 4 other classmates! Awesome news! She even asked other teachers what they thought about her and they all had really positive things to say! I love spies!

1 comment:

JBB said...

That is so exciting!! Little River is a great school, that is where I went to elementary school so I am a bit partial :)
Gooooo Davis!!!
I hope you are well and tell Justin that I said Hello!