Monday, January 17, 2011

What A Morning!

Davis officially can't be left alone for one second right now. Let me get my brush out and paint you a pretty little picture...

Reese and I slept in the bedroom last night, while Justin and Davis camped out in the living room. Justin left for work around 6:30 this morning (tear, cry, boo-hoo, I'm all alone). Davis was still sleeping, so I laid back down until about 7 am. I got up, gave Davis his breakfast (granola bar and milk), and went back to the bedroom to feed Reese. About 5 minutes later, Davis starts screaming and crying. With Reese in hand, I run into the living room and see that Davis has taken the top off of his cup and spilled milk all over his bed and himself. *Reminder: it's only 7 o'clock in the morning. I haven't even had my coffee yet. And Davis CAN'T MOVE on his own right now.* There was milk everywhere. On the 3 pillows strategically placed around his body, his comforter, 2 sheets, THE EGG CRATE, him! It was awful.


I start stripping the bed, removing his clothes, cussing under my breath and, meanwhile, Reese is just laying on the couch, probably wondering when she's gonna get to finish her breakfast.


As I'm giving Davis his second sponge bath in less than 12 hours, I look up to find Reese, in slow motion, sliding off the couch, feet first, onto the floor. She lands on the ground (wedged in between the couch and Davis' bed) and grunts a couple times. I lay Davis down...swoop her up...she smiles...phew. Dodged a bullet there.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

LOL!! Too funny,well not the part about Davis but Reese sliding off the sofa! teehee!

jessica andres said...

Yeah, you're lucky! If it had been mine, she most likely would've screamed. DQ. Maybe we can come visit this week!

JBB said...

Let me know if you need any help this week! I am home and can come by, even if you just need some time to shower! just email me or call me if I can help! 354-9881 :)