Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 3, Post-Op...The Walls Are Closing In

"I'm not a pumpkin. I'm awesome." Legit statement from Davis' mouth after a nurse had the audacity to refer to him as her pumpkin.

Me: "Hey, Justin we have to 'dail' 9 if we want to make an outside call, according to this board."
Justin: "What?"
Me: "Yeah. 'Dail' 9. See? Simple as that."
Justin: "Wow."
Me: "Yeah, thank God grammar isn't essential to our son's survival here. Good grief."

I've been staring at that damn misspelled word so long that I think it should actually be a real word now. What should it mean???


There's a newborn in the room right next to our's and I have yet to see any adults visiting him. I've been tempted to sneak in there in the middle of the night to rock him to sleep. Pretty sure that might get me kicked out, though. I just miss my Reesey soooo much! I have NO business being away from her for any length of time, I've realized. But my mom brought her up here for a visit yesterday...


When one of the nurses walked in on me pumping Wednesday night, she put this sign on the door.

It's been the running joke around here that everyone probably thinks I'm still nursing my 4 and a half year old son.


Dr. Boydston's (neurosurgeon) nurse came in at about 6 o'clock this morning to remove Davis' bandage and revealed this...
OUCH! And HUGE!


A physical therapist is going to come in sometime today and get Davis out of bed and do some range of motion exercises with him. I'm really excited to get him moving, but I know it's gonna H-U-R-T...

3 comments:

Mandy Kirn said...

Dail - (noun)
the lower house of the parliament of the Irish Republic.

So what I think they are saying is that you need to call the Irish parliament and ask for permission before you can make any outbound calls.

Just my own interpretation.

Glad Davis is doing so well. Can't wait to see him!

Andrea said...

haha! don't you just love wikipedia?!?!

Danielle said...

ouchy!