Saturday, January 15, 2011

Up And At 'Em...Sort Of

Physical Therapy just came in and went over the program we're supposed to follow once we're discharged. We have to, for the next 10 days, complete a list of 'range of motion' and strengthening exercises/stretches. After 10 days, we have to begin incorporating more strenuous exercises. Doing this diligently over the next 6-9 months will teach him to walk a lot more like you and I do. Well, I shouldn't include me as a good walking model. I pretty much trip and lunge forward every time I stand up.
She stretched his ankles, legs, hips, etc. and was really pleased with how much range he has. She knew within a few seconds that he was a great candidate for the surgery. He sat up for a few seconds, but wasn't quite ready to get down and try to walk.

P.S. I just saw a woman, probably a mom, in the room with the baby next door. Phew.

No comments: