Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Justin worked around the shop yesterday and, since the weather was so nice, we all played outside for most of the morning. (Danielle, I know your heart rate just went up...Sorry!) Davis was driving his car all over the yard and playing in the bobcat! (Side story: Justin changed the oil in my car and found a mouse nest under the hood! So, I guess we have some furry friends living in the garage. Sick.)


Davis and I had our meeting with the Special Education Facilitator and our Babies Can't Wait Service Coordinator this morning. It was basically an introduction into the School Program and a lot of paperwork. They informed me that a lot of changes were being made and that he'd probably be sent to Boston Elementary. She said that starting in the Fall, both severly autistic and intellectually disabled children will be placed in their own rooms to receive the proper attention they need. That'll leave all the mildy disabled children, like Davis, in classrooms together. What a relief!!! She encouraged me to leave Davis at his normal preschool for Tuesdays and Thursdays and attend Boston the other three days. She couldn't believe how smart he was, either! I told her that I thought Davis could verbalize about 50 words (most being word approximations). Well, later in the meeting, Davis starts crawling around the room, points to a snowman on the wall, and says, "No-man." She was so surprised! Then she picked up a blank piece of paper and asked him to identify the object and he said, "Pay-puh." She couldn't believe it. She was like, "Oh, he's got way more than 50 words!" So, all in all, it went well and I feel much better about what's to come!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

That is such great news! He is such a smart boy - Boston Elementary better watch out!

Anonymous said...

So, why is my heart racing?

A.Because you were all outside
B.The mouse nest
C.You blogged 2 days in a row?