Monday, August 29, 2011

First Heartbreak

"Lucy is my girlfriend." Verbatum, his words to me a couple weeks ago.

Lucy is a super cute little girl in Davis' class. He's been talking about her constantly. "She's nice to me." "She's pretty." And she, seriously, is. He's got good taste.

The principal at Oak Grove sent a letter home last week letting all the kindergarten parents know that, thanks to the Title 1 funding, they hired a new teacher and added a new class to make all the class sizes smaller. Children would randomly be selected to leave their current class for the new one.

Lucy was selected.

This afternoon...

Davis: "Lucy used to be in my class, but now she's in a new one."
Me: "Oh no, Davis! Do you still get to see her in the lunch room?"
Davis: "No. She sits way, far away. Like really far away."

At curriculum night tonight, his teacher told me that he almost started crying when they came in and took her from class.

And to top it all off, the ONE 'buddy' that he talked about all the time left too!

1 comment:

Jennie McCollum said...

Sweet sweet boy - that breaks my heart! I'm sure Lucy is equally as sad!