Monday, August 24, 2009

What Is Kentucky's State Animal?

The Gray Squirrel...Geez...

We spent the weekend visiting my family in Kentucky. My cousin's daughter, Roxy, and Davis had lots of fun together...crushing grandma's tomatoes, playing Baby Kitty and Daddy Kitty, coloring, etc...all the leisure activities that Kentucky has to offer. :)

Davis and I slept in a bed together, giving Justin the comfy couch! Davis would sneak out of bed early in the mornings and join my grandmother in the kitchen where she'd be preparing breakfast. I'd hear him shout, "Hey Gamma!" They'd chat back and forth, but it was so funny to listen to my grandma try and translate the Davis Language.

My Dad grew up in that house and I've been visiting everyone there my whole life and now that I'm grown and have my own child, it's so neat to watch him and my cousin's kids spend time there. And I really love catching up with my aunts and the few of my cousins that still come around! Love you guys!

The main reason for our impromptu trip was to visit my Pepaw. He's been sick and we felt like we needed to get up there and spend time with him. He's the strongest man I know. And he just loooooves Mr. Davis!
Davis got his new braces last week. They're different from the ones he's been using for the past couple years. His old PT, the Orthotist, and myself thought these new ones might help correct his internal rotation better. They don't bend as much at the ankle, so he's having a hard time walking in them. I'm going to try them out for a couple weeks and if they don't work out, the Orthotist said she'd toss them and start all over.


HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY TO US!!!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

First off, I was starting to worry, thought you’d dropped out of the blogging world! Glad to see you again.

Happy Anniversary! Any trips planned?

Andrea said...

The Ard's Condo...figs...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! LOVED seeing you all!Roxy says "Dabis" is her best "fran".....she loved playing kitty kat with him! Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys... So loved seeing you and hanging with the man Davis...he is one heck of a boy...next time, red neck garage bbq with my neighbors OK ? love always T

Andrea said...

we're definitely in!