Monday, August 3, 2009

Survived the First Day

Davis' first day of school went really well. For him. Not so much for me. Start time is 11:45, where all the parents take their preschoolers to the cafeteria for lunch. (I, of course, fed him beforehand, knowing he probably wouldn't eat with all the excitement around him.) I was told that the little kids would eat their lunch before the rest of the elementary school, but that definitely wasn't the case today. Fifth graders started pouring in as I'm watching Davis through the entrance doors, fighting back tears. This is seriously 'real deal' elementary school. And my kid is 3 years old. I can't wrap my head around it.


Pick up time is 2:45 and I think I'm being Mom of The Century by getting there at 2:10. Nope. The carpool line was already a mile long. What the Friday?!?! ;) So, I act like I run sh*t and pull into the oncoming traffic line and head straight for the parking lot! Suckers! Oh! And let me just tell you something about carpool moms...they're lunatics! They were honking horns left and right, shouting out of their windows if someone tried to pull out in front of them. What a mad house!

His teachers said he did so good. I couldn't believe he was still awake! I fully expected him to have his head down on his desk, passed out.

Already, he has this 'don't even think about messing with me' stance!
He felt like such a big boy with his Spiderman backpack!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so proud of your little man....an mommy tooo!I know it had to be hard to leave your baby there. Love you! Aunt Cheryl

Anonymous said...

be sure you do not become a car pool mom and who taught you to act like you run sh*t....by the way that is a spiderman backpack...i am very proud of you and D.....

Your Father

a.n. knits said...

Thanks for the call out, dad. Can't get anything by you!