Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Well, I finished To Kill A Mockingbird and just started Into The Wild. It's about a young man who, after graduating with honors from Emory University, hitchhiked to Alaska. Before doing so, he donated all of his savings to charity, burned all the money in his wallet, changed his name, and abandoned his car and most of his possessions. No one knew where he was during his 16 week journey until his decomposed body was found just north of Mount McKinley. It's really good so far.

And about Davis...I took him back in to see the doctor this morning. I explained his symptoms (fatigue, constipation, colder than usual, weakness, irritability) and he assured me that he's just taking longer to get over his Sinus Infection. "Just continue the antibiotics." was his suggestion. I expressed my concerns about his thyroid levels. He had high TSH levels (hyporthyroidism) as an infant and I remembered his Endocrinologist telling me that those were the exact symptoms to look for if the levels changed again. So, the doctor said he would draw blood to check it. Five minutes go by and in walks 3 girls ready to tag team Davis. They tried TWICE, unsuccessfully, to draw blood....which is exactly what I expected of them. "Maybe we should just send him to LapCorp." was one girl's input. I walk out in the hallway, search for the doctor, and he says, "Well I don't think there's anything wrong with his thyroid. I was just going to do blood work to ease your mind." Oh really?!?!? I storm out of there, call his Endocrinologist, and she says, "Yes, he needs his levels checked." Duh. To be continued...

No comments: