Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm Losing It

...and by 'it' I mean my mind and my sanity and probably a sock or two. Davis has been running a fever since Sunday. Besides therapy on Monday morning, he hasn't left the house at all. And since the law states that a 3 year old can't be home alone, I haven't left the house either (except for tennis last night). We're both bored out of our minds. I can't get anything done because 'sickness' for Davis translates into 'I want to hold that Momma...all day long'. Someone on the Streets of Sesame must have told him that I have super powers to make him feel all better. I'm trying, but my super powers are needed elsewhere from time to time...in the laundry room, the dishwasher, Justin's company, my blog! Which, by the way, I'm typing while Davis is tugging on my arm, climbing in and out of my lap pressing his bones into my legs, and inching his little fingers closer and closer to the laptop buttons. "Don't you touch that. It'll bite you." I don't think he buys it.

Since we're on house arrest, I've been tackling the whole toilet training thing...I put him on the Big Boy Potty ever 20 minutes or so and say, "Pee, Davis. Go Pee. Can you go pee pee like a big boy for Momma?" "Nooo," he says. Alrighty, Davis. It's your world. I need tips...or someone to come over here and do this for me.

Where's Dadda in all this? WORKING! Ha-lay-loo-ya!!!

1 comment:

Jokester said...

Knock Knock!
Doris.
Doris, who?
Doris locked, that's why I had to knock!

HA! HA!

Hope this put a smile on your pretty little face.