Friday, November 1, 2013

A Vampire And A Witch

For whatever reason, Halloween isn't that big of a deal in our house.  We don't decorate, make a spooky-themed breakfast, or let the kids stay up late organizing their candy.  I'm more of a Christmas enthusiast, I'd say.  I wish I was more into it seeing as how I've got two children and all.  But I'm not.  Maybe it's because none of our neighbors partake either.  That's gotta be what it is.  If THEY were doing it, then WE'D do it too...

We paint - not carve - pumpkins.  And we trick-or-treat.  That's about it. 

Davis wanted to be a vampire.  And I wanted him to look scary as sh*t. 
 

And Boogs chose to be a witch.  Pretty fitting for her this year, I'd say.  Too far? 
 
 

They got into character pretty early yesterday because my dad and Eve and Justin's mom wanted to see them before we started trick-or-treating.  Davis was out in the front yard, fully vamped-out, playing baseball by himself and 'rawr-ing' at every passing car.  And Reese was ready to get back in her regular clothes by 5:30.

We spent the evening with the Prices in their neighborhood.  Davis' opening line at most doors was, "I'm thirsty.  Do you have any blood?"  And he came up with that all by his little witty self. 
 

The kids got SO MUCH candy because we were one of only, like, four groups in the neighborhood.  I need to donate a ton of it since I'll end up being the one that eats most of it I've already eaten a disgustingly large portion of it. 

And this conversation really happened...

Davis: "Why was Jim barking at me?"
Me: "Because he didn't know who you were in your costume."
Davis: "Did I still have on the same underwear?  Yes.  So he has to know it was still just me."

He keeps me so happy. 

No comments: