Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Want A Football Thing And A Ticket To China

I asked Davis what he wanted Santa to bring him for Christmas.

"Let me go look in my room and see what I don't have."

A minute passes.

"I don't know, Mom.  I have everything a kid could need." 

After further thought, he came up with something.  And Santa's got his work cut out for him.

I'm paraphrasing here.  (Deep breath in.)  "I want a football thing with all the NFL teams.  And it would be cooler with Aaron Murray, the quarterback, on it.  But he's not in the NFL.  He plays for the Georgia Bulldogs.  But I still want him on the field.  It would have a button that makes them go.  And if there's a spinner button, I'll press it, and make them spin.  And straight and right and back buttons.  So it can go directions.  You have to press the juke button to juke 'em.  I think the players come with a box.  And I want someone to shout the numbers, like, 'the 80, the 70, the 60, the 50...touchdown!'  The field isn't real grass like outside."  This went on for a while, but I was too busy Googling 'football thing + aaron murray + juke button + number shouter' to pay attention anymore.

He's a 42 pound gift from God.  And that's that.

"Reese, what do YOU want Santa to bring you for Christmas?"

"I don't know.  To China?!?"


1 comment:

Danielle said...

Love that last pic with the sunglasses.