Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanks

...in no particular order and in honor of November...

I am thankful for...
1.  my eyelash curler and mascara.  My lashes are about 1/8" long, blonde, and point straight down into my line of vision.
2.  my mom.  No one supports me, accepts me as me, gets me like her.
3.  hot water.  For my insanely hot showers.
4.  Phil Collins and his perfection.
5.  the love my high school sweetheart and I share.
6.  and the two happy, healthy children we created.
7.  a country that allows my family and I to freely explore and grow and question and ponder our relationship with Jesus and Christianity.
8.  my dad's health.
9.  choosing to be a stay-at-home mom.  It's the best decision Justin and I have ever made.  I'll forever be so thankful for these years I've spent at home with them.
11.  my thriftiness.  Thanks to number 9, I've had to learn how to be super frugal. 
10.  antique and consignment stores.  And their growing popularity.
11.  smartphones.  And Instagram.  And Pinterest.  And Candy Crush. 
12.  my brother.
13.  his wife.
14.  the nieces and/or nephews that I patiently hope and pray and wait for. 
15.  coffee.  And creamer.  And sugar.
16.  Davis' independence level.  There was a time when his future looked completely different than it does now.
17.  mustard and whoever turned it into a condiment.
18.  Jimi.
19.  learning how to knit.
20.  wine.
21.  my kids' outgoing, hilarious personalities. 
22.  Davis' love of music and
23.  Boogs' love of 'doing it by myself'. 
24.  our military.  This one's so cliché, but those men and women should be thanked every single day.
25.  my friends.  And the time we spend together. 
26.  old photographs of my family.
27.  El Ranchero.   
28.  the beach trips we take every year.  Our best memories are made in the panhandle.   
29.  Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.  That book changed my life.
30.  live music.  It's the best.

No comments: