Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First Day

Davis didn't want me to park and walk him inside this morning (boo hoo, right?!?).  I complied and took him through the carpool line.  I was nervous to do this because he's only been to his new classroom once and he's so used to having a para-pro walk with him.  I just knew he'd get lost and be wandering around the building all day.  The principle was outside and assured me that he'd be fine, that they'd watch out for him, and that we should let him be as independent as possible.  I called my girlfriend to check on him after she dropped her daughter off in her kindergarten class, but she didn't answer.  I called his teacher...no answer.  So, I went back up there about 30 minutes later to get a carpool decal and when I walked in the building, I see my son walking around in circles...alone.  What are the chances, right?!?!  Teachers are asking him where he's going; what he's doing; why he's heading to the second grade hallway. 

I step in and find out that he went to the bathroom with a buddy.  He left said buddy in the pisser and couldn't remember how to get back to class.  I walk him to his classroom to find out that he had already left class TWICE to use the bathroom...which, by the way, is about a half a mile from the first grade hallway...

I haven't been able to eat all day. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love that he left the kid in the bathroom! "hey walk with me to the shitter, k peace out I'm done check ya later" it's ok girl he'll get the hang of it!! I can't believe hes in first grade.... :(