Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Master

I spent a lot of time in my bedroom between 9th and 12th grade (either grounded or having secret phone conversations that my parents would inevitably find out about anyway) and would often redecorate my room, so I'm a pro at moving heavy furniture by myself...despite what my scrawny physique might suggest.  Plus, when I want something done, I want it done RIGHT THEN and Justin had at least 3 more hours of work left for that day.  :) 

Please pardon the horrible lighting and dark photos...I HATE my ceiling fan bulbs...
I moved the nightstand from Justin's side to my side and found these simple window panels at T.J. Maxx...  


...and put this beauty from the basement in its place.  I start classes next Tuesday and need a place to study and stay organized.


The best paper weight, ever...


I moved his dresser and the glider (which I would really like to throw in the front yard, but I knew Justin would object...not because of the unwanted yard art, but because he and that glider and the Golf Channel spend a lot of time together) over to where my dresser was.  Note: a few drawers had to be removed during this process to avoid a hernia.  Justin's dresser is from the Jesus Days, I'm sure of it, and weighs A TON.



I took a large frame from above the kitchen cabinets, painted it, and added some rosettes made from old t-shirts.  The print came from the internet...free.   


I stenciled designs onto our existing pillow shams.  I don't know why, but don't you always feel like you have to incorporate some sort of 'do it yourself' activity when redecorating???


I took these prints from the living room and put them above the bed.  Something super special is about to take their living room wall spot and cover the 18 holes I put in the wall to hang them when we first moved in.  Stay tuned.  :)



And, I'll leave you with a close up of my desktop background photo...


 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It look soooo good! You're so crafty!!

Danielle said...

It looks fabulous. I want to see it in person. So, invite me over. now.