Friday, August 17, 2012

A Mom's Heartbreak

This conversation took place about 5 minutes ago, when I picked him up from school...

Note:  Friday's are Ice Cream Days during lunch.

Me:  "What kind of ice cream did you get today?"
Davis:  "Um, the rainbow kind."
Me:  "Was it good?"
Davis:  "I didn't get to eat it because nobody opened it for me.  And then lunch was over and I had to throw it in the trash."
Me (so broken hearted):  "Oh no, Davis!  I'm so sorry!  You should've asked someone to help you!"
Davis:  "I raised my hand, but nobody didn't see me."
Me:  "Next time, ask the person that takes your ice cream money to open it for you."
Davis:  "Ok, but she's the ice cream money lady; not the ice cream opener lady."

Saddest thing ever...minus, like, actual sad stuff...

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Poor Davis!

Stacy said...

Aw, poor guy! However, I totally appreciate your grammar coaching during times of trouble - there really is no appropriate time for a double negative.

Lindsey R. :: LRstitched said...

boo to the lunch helper! :(

Jennifer said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! @Stacy!! And poor Davis! I think there should be an official "ice cream opener lady" I can't get te dang things open either!