Saturday, January 21, 2012

Since Then...

My computer died on Tuesday.  Since then, I've been unable to blog, upload items to my shop, work.  It's been brutal.  Yesterday, we took it to a computer doctor where it will be in recovery through the weekend.  Right now, I'm using Justin's new laptop.  That's right, folks, Justin's entering the cyber world. 

Since then, though...
  • Davis got his first loose tooth!  It was SO EXCITING to discover!  I really want to yank it out.  So.  Bad.
  • We went to Monster Jam last Saturday.  It was lots of fun, of course.  This year, we went early to walk around 'the pits'.  It was neat being so close to all those HUGE monster trucks.  Davis was in Heaven.  All my pictures are locked on my laptop, though.
  • He spent his 100th day in Kindergarten yesterday.  His class did lots of counting activities, ate some goodies, and made really cute paper hats.  I love picking him up in the afternoons and seeing a homemade hat on his head!
  • We went to the North Cobb Christian School's Open House on Thursday morning.  That school is amazing.  I fell madly in love with it.  I'm a little mad at the tuition, but everything else was perfect.  We have a lot of conversations about Kindergarten vs First Grade and Private vs Public School in our near future. 
  • I called around about enrolling Boogs into a MMO program.  I'm ready to get her involved in a 'school' and (selfishly) have some free time.  I know she's ready.  I was going to wait until 18 months, but that'll be in March and she'd only attend for a month since most places follow the public school system.  I think I found a good place that's close to our house.  I know other children that go there.  And it's affordable.
  • We signed Davis up for 'real, big boy' t-ball!  Assessments were this morning, but it got rained out.  He'll be playing with the Shetlands out of Acworth.
Etsy related...
  • I've been knitting lots and lots of goodies.  Thanks for all the feedback!  I quickly designed a cute cowl (the only thing I've been able to add to my shop this week), some coffee cozys, necklaces, and I'm in the middle of a smart phone cover.
  • Who else thinks it's funny that I take most of my item pictures in my spare bathroom?!?! 
  • I sold two items yesterday! 
  • I'm going to do another giveaway soon.  This time, on my 'a.n. knits' Facebook page.  Stay tuned!
  • I was featured in someone's Treasury list of 'upcycled items'!  I don't know exactly what that means, but I was pumped! 
  • I love getting Activity feeds that a stranger somewhere in the world has added one of my items to their 'Favorites'!  BUT BUY THE DAMN THING!  Jk.
  • I really want to add a craft room to our house.  I feel like the more Justin and I talk about it, the chances of me waking up to a construction site attached to the back of my house become more likely.  :)  

4 comments:

Elle said...

I was thinking that in my head, that all your pics are in the bathroom!

Danielle said...

Yes, I too was wondering why they were in the bathroom? Branch out - Maybe do the closet next! bahahaha :)

a.n. knits said...

You're a hoe.

jessica andres said...

I really want a craft room, too! Definitely next house next year...Chris (and myself) are tired of seeing all of my ongoing projects strewn all over the house!