Sunday, January 8, 2012

Desk B & A

$30 solid wood desk from antique store.  Of course, I had already started priming by the time I thought to take photos.  I  explained my project plans to the Lowe's guy and he was kind enough to darken the primer for me since I planned on using black paint.
Before...

My poor Doc in the background...
 
 
After...

I painted the border of a cork board to match the knobs.  And distressed the edges of the desk...

 Materials...The primer (can on the right) has something in it that allows you to skip the sanding process!  Introduced to me by Danielle.  And the cabinet roller (also a great suggestion from the Lowe's guy) made this a super fast project!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Love the desk!

Anonymous said...

Love it too, and I need to try this primer!

jessica andres said...

Why have I never seen Davis' room painted gray?? It looks so grown up! Great job on the desk! Isn't this furniture makeover thing addicting?!??

Melissa said...

Your so crafty!! Great job!!