Thursday, July 21, 2011

Potpourri

Davis has been calling me ‘Andrea’ lately. Well, actually, ‘Anj-ra’. I guess this is a phase, or something. Parents are supposed to use that excuse for their child’s silly antics, right? He says ‘Justin’ instead of ‘Dadda’, too.

As most of you know, the Ronald McDonald House has a Pop Tab Recycling Program. Since 1996, the 2 RMH's of Central Florida have collected over 80 tons of pop tabs. This is what I've watched accumulate over the past week or so...


"Good lawd, that's a lotta money soda drinkin'!"



What we contributed…



Kind of puny, huh?!? We were just here 3 months ago, though, so we didn’t have much time to save up. We must be going through a phase, or something. ;)

Davis and I had a nice wake-up call this morning (around 5:50 or so)...the sonic boom sound from the Atlantis' very last landing. It was SO loud. Davis shot right up in bed and was, like, "What. Was. That?!?" When he retold the story to Justin over the phone it turned into this...



"Yeah, I heard the space ship this morning. It was like this, 'swish, swish, boom'. It was so loud, Justin. So, so loud. Really loud. It just made this loud boom in our room. And hit me in the head. And it was on the tv. It had a parachute behind it."


Justin will be here in a couple of hours and I’m so pumped!



And, now, I leave you with some pics...

2 comments:

jessica andres said...

My parents have collected crap loads of pop tops for the RMH...When are you coming back to GA??????

a.n. knits said...

Tomorrow...on your bday!! What are your plans???