Saturday, July 9, 2011

Cars And Back In Our Car

Justin and I try to make a conscious effort to give Davis special two-on-one attention. Once a month, we take him to do something, just the three of us. He's been, very discreetly, struggling with sharing our attention with Baby Sister. The other day, I walked into the living room to find his 5 year old body crammed inside her walker. I don't even know how he got in the damn thing. Every now and then, he'll start talking like a baby, too. And the potty accidents have gotten a little ridiculous in recent weeks.

Last night, we went to see Cars 2 while Boogs hung out with Pa.

Me: "Davis, when Dadda gets home from work, do you want to go see Cars 2?"
Davis: (Shouting and throws his 'duh' on the ground.) "Oh, yeah! I do! I do wanna go see Cars 2! Let's go, Momma! Let's go right now!"
Me: "No? Ok. We don't have to go."
Davis: "Momma, you are tricking me." (Tears immediately follow...)
Me: "I'm kidding, bro. It'll be just me, you, and Dadda. Does that sound like fun?!?"
Davis: "Baby Sister can come, too. She can go whereeeeeever she wants to go."

Such a sweet big bro!

Anyway, the movie was AWFUL! Nothing like the first. No humor and the plot was LAME! It was, like, 'double-oh-seven' meets one of those racing games you play at an arcade.

When I asked him what his favorite part was, he said, "When Barbie and Ken fell into the snow." Of course, he was referring to a Toy Story cartoon that played before Cars 2. He didn't like the movie, either, I guess.


Now, we're off to see the Wizard Orlando!

1 comment:

Danielle's Dish said...

I agree! The movie was BOOTY! Never saw the 1st one but this one was lame. Mater was sooooo annoying.