Friday, July 29, 2011

Meet And Greet...And Watch Momma Fall Apart


Davis had his meet-and-greet for kindergarten last night. I can't believe it's here. I've been an emotional wreck about it. My baby is starting school on Monday. Real. Deal. School.



Good things, though:


  • His teacher is AMAZING. I love her. She's sweet and tough. Exactly what Davis needs.


  • The special ed teacher is also really geat. Davis will have her help for 3 hours each day.


  • Davis' bud, Riley, is in his class. AND they're assigned seats are, coincidentally, right next to each other.


  • There's only 19 kids in his class, making it the smallest kindergarten class there.


  • The distance between his classroom and the lunch room, bathroom, and carpool line is super short.


  • It's soooo close to home!


  • EVERYONE knows him there. We walked in and people were, like, "Is this Davis?" and "I've heard a lot about you."


  • And the best thing is that a girlfriend of mine is a third grade teacher there and I know she's going to look out for him and make sure he's well taken care of.

Bad stuff:



  • I can't stop crying.


  • I didn't see an assigned seat for me, leading me to believe that I'm not welcome to sit with him everyday and will have to spy on him from the window.

4 comments:

Lindsey R. :: LRstitched said...

Ugh. Is this seriously happening?? I started bawling in the shower today. My biggest hang up is that now the only way I will know how his day really went is to hear it from him and he doesn't tell me anything. AHH!

a.n. knits said...

I KNOW! I was thinking that SAME THING today. At least we have each other to mourn with together! We can just sit in OG's parking lot and knit our sorrows away all day!

Nicole said...

Andrea!! I can't believe that he and Riley are starting school already! At least he has his buddy with right beside him! Hang in there!

Danielle said...

I loved this post!! AND cannot believe Davis is so old. Growing up soooo fast! I will be thinking about you on Monday, hang in there :)