Tuesday, October 29, 2013

On This Day In...

1390 - In Paris, the first trial for witchcraft takes place, resulting in the death of three people.

1901 -  Leon Czolgosz, U.S. President William McKinley's assassin, is executed by electrocution.

1921 - Harvard University's football team ends their 25 game winning streak. This is considered one of the biggest upsets in college football.

1929 - The New York Stock Exchange crashes (Black Tuesday), beginning the Great Depression.

1960 - Muhammad Ali wins his first professional fight in Louisville, Kentucky.

1971 -  In Macon, Georgia, guitarist Duane Allman (of the Allman Brothers) is killed in a motorcycle accident.

2013 - I have a HUGE lecture exam this morning covering the Immune and Respiratory Systems.  I should be studying right now.  Wish me luck!!

(All according to Wikipedia...well, except that last fun fact.  I came up with that one all by myself.)

No comments: