Monday, April 11, 2011

Florida Weekend and Sentiment

Our weekend here in Orlando was spent doing things us Georgians won’t get to enjoy until, like, May...sunburns and swimming pools...IT’S SO STINKIN’ HOT HERE!



We drove to Tampa on Saturday and hung out at my girlfriend, Michelle’s, pool. I managed to stay completely out of the sun, protecting Reese, all day…somehow, though, my upper back is fried turkey. Bummer.



My dad flew in to Orlando for work on Sunday and we met him at the Gaylord Palms to hang out by the pool. This hotel was so awesome. They have an alligator and turtle filled pond winding through the whole place and a really neat family pool area with an octopus water slide! Davis had so much fun!



I took the kids to the Orlando Science Center on Friday night. Davis had so much fun in their Curious George Exhibit.



Boogs Update…I can’t believe Baby Sister is going to be 7 months old soon. I get so emotional thinking about the fact that this part of our life is almost behind us. I’m definitely excited for the ‘raising kids’ chapter we’re headed towards, but there’s NOTHING like having a baby around. Justin and I are so obsessed with her right now. It’s like we’re both clinging to every fleeting stage she enters. She just figured out how to move forward in her walker and I know we only have a few more months before she’s running around the house, trying to keep up with Brother. I just want to freeze time and enjoy her baby-ness for a little while longer…all the la la la da da da’s, the lone tooth poking through her gums, the 2 inch long hairs sticking straight up on her head…I’m so not ready to lose all that. And…scene.



And don’t even get me started on the fact that I’m about to have a kid in elementary school.

3 comments:

jessica andres said...

Awww how sweet! I keep saying Shelby isn't growing up fast enough, but I'm sure I'll think differently about our next one and want it all to slow down...I'm sure Shelby won't walk until 15 months just to drive me crazy :)

a.n. knits said...

Yeah, it's so different the second time around. :(

Danielle said...

Tear... you sound like a Mom.

Oh, wait you are a Mom!!?!?!