Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Can't Believe This Weather!

A conversation between a 3 year old and his mother...
Davis: "Where is my pants, Momma?"
Me: "Which ones?"
Davis: "My Davis pants." (In a very sarcastic, 'duh' tone)
Me: "Ummm...what color are they?"
Davis: "They are green. Green like a circle." (While raising his hands, palms up, like he's holding a tray of appetizers)
.
I just found out that Cherokee County schools are cancelled for tomorrow. Cabin fever has officially set in...
.
We took Davis to his first movie on Friday night. Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel. He watched the entire thing, ate a ton of popcorn, and is still singing this song. Afterwards, we went over to our neighbor's house and let Davis and Eva entertained us for hours.
.
This is the kind of stuff my boys doing whenever I run away for some piece and quiet...(And, yes, I literally run)


My recent masterpiece...A felted needle case! I started this about a year and a half ago, got sick of it, and stuffed it in a drawer. I picked it back up about 2 weeks ago and forced myself to finish it. I knitted THREE WHOLE FEET of the gray piece using the little blue needles. After felting it, there's only about a foot left!
I added a little pocket for my circular needles.
This is the first time I've ever made anything cabled, so that was a cussing-filled challenge.
All folded up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find the pants? Those days are like a contest. Can you figure out the puzzle...

Love the needle case!

a.n. knits said...

Yeah, he hid them in his toy box. When I asked him why he put them there, he told me that Mickey Mouse was cold. Kids.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I haven't visited in a while. Davis is getting so big! I love the header. He's such a cutie pie. I can't wait for Parker to get that age.