Monday, December 14, 2009

The last few days of our Florida trip were pretty hectic, so I was unable to update. On Thursday, Justin drove down, so that he could ride home with me. (He brought a trailer to tow my car back!) Michelle also came back to Orlando that day to hang out. We took Davis to class, brought Justin back to the house to rest, and headed to a fun little bar called Lizzy McCormack's in downtown Orlando. From this trip, I think Davis gained a lot of balance and strength in his legs. He's taking more and more steps at a time and we have a NO CRAWLING rule now.

On Friday, Justin, Davis, and I walked to the Southern Live Oak Tree in front of the Mennello Museum of American Art. It looks like a giant spider, with its branches growing down into the ground and coming back out. It was here that I received the sad news about my grandfather passing. His long, painful battle with cancer finally ended on Friday morning.



Saturday was spent in the car, driving and driving and driving. We left Orlando early in the morning, got to our house at 2:30 pm, unpacked, repacked, and headed to Kentucky, arriving around 8 pm. His viewing and military funeral took place on Sunday. We'll do whatever we can to make sure Davis grows up knowing what a wonderful Great-Grandfather he had and how much he loved his great-grandson.



Big thanks to Grandma and Aunt Teresa for coming to the viewing. That meant a lot to us!

OH! I knitted another Christmas stocking. This one's for Davis. And Justin tiled the backsplash in our kitchen while we were in Orlando! I love it!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I am really sorry about your Grandfather :(

When you get settled back in, give me a ring. I can’t wait to see Davis!

Stacy said...

So sorry to hear about your grandfather...you were definitely in mine and Shane's thoughts and prayers.

Glad to hear that Davis learned so much - can't wait to see him in action!