Sunday, November 29, 2009

Back In Orlando

We made it to Orlando! Davis and I pulled out of Hunt Road at 6:00 this morning and followed my girlfriend, Michelle, and her cousin, Natalie, down there. The drive wasn’t too bad; just a few minor traffic jams here and there.

When we walked into the Ronald McDonald House, the first person I saw was a woman I met the last time we stayed here, 5 months ago! She was the lady who had her son at 23 weeks and had no idea she was pregnant. But she said that he’s doing well and can come home just as soon as they have a home for him to come home to. I know. I didn’t ask.

The front desk volunteer checked us in and told us we’d be staying in Room #6…same room as last time! Getting the car unloaded and everything unpacked was much more difficult without Justin around. Although, Davis was a big helper by pushing the luggage cart all the way from the house to the parking deck and back.

After getting situated and going to the grocery store, I asked Davis if he wanted to go to the playroom. He said, “Yeah. I wanna play with Thomas Table.” He totally remembers being here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss you guys already.