Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My tennis team took all 5 lines on Sunday! Gooooo Hobgood!!!

We dropped Doc off at the vet this morning to have his teeth cleaned. I explained to the vet that money is tight for us right now and that I didn't want her performing any extra services unless they were absolutely necessary. I could just hear the post-op conversation now....'Yeah, we decided to draw some blood ($$$) and do a little teeth whitening ($$$) and turn him into a cat ($$$) raising your quoted dental cost to $56,685.99.' She sympathetically understood...

Davis cried when I told him to tell Doc 'bye bye'!!!

I don't think 3 minutes went by before my phone rang..."Hi, this is Dr. 'So and So'. I noticed the large tumor over his right eye (it's really about the size of a pencil tip) and wanted to discuss having that removed while he's already under anesthesia. You see, Boxers are known for developing tumors and I can tell that it's already grown deep into his eye. It's rubbing his cornea every time he blinks and that's going to cause very painful ulcers. It's only going to get larger and larger. The cost of this procedure is $108 on top of your dental fees. Ok?"

Me: "Ummm, that's probably a little out of our price range. Let me call my husband."

Husband: "You tell her that we'll do it for $75. Otherwise, no. I'm sure I could slice that thing right off with my Uncle Henry."...That seriously came out of his mouth...

Me: "I don't wanna call her back. You do it."

So...we get it figured out...and the vet promises she'll keep it under $75 for us...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

geez...dogs are so much work!