Monday, March 16, 2009

I was cleaning the TV the other day and noticed this...



It's a Looney Tunes DVD. I don't know how in the world Davis managed to get that shoved in there because I had the hardest time yanking it out. I wonder what else is stuck in the TV, never to be found...
Elle, Brother's girlfriend, and I went to a cycling class at the gym last night. Just to draw you a mental picture...it's the most miserable, painful, difficult hour of my life. I struggle to stay conscious the entire time and try to come up with clever excuses to dip out...I know, I know...But I've never actually experienced child birth, so there. Afterwards, we head to the kiddie room to pick up Davis. Like always, the young girls in there are like, "We just love him. He's so sweet and cute. He took his pants off in the middle of the room." How nice. Next up...Mellow Mushroom...just to cancel out everything we worked so hard for. My hound-like sense of smell let me know that Davis pooped on the way there, but nothing could have prepared me for what was actually in his pants...and all over his back...and on his shirt...and jeans. It was sooooo bad. Poor Elle witnessed the whole thing...Good birth control for her.

Davis is Mr. Chatter Box these days. He just talks and talks and talks. It's crazy how much your child ages once they start communicating. He's seems so grown up to me now. He and Justin were reading Winnie the Pooh books over the weekend..."Owl wimmin" and "Roo seepy nigh nigh"....This is Davis talking, not Justin...just so we're on the same page. And instead of saying 'Juice' or 'Hot Gog' (not a typo) or 'Da' (for his blanket), he says, "I want juice and hot gog and da." Little baby steps, but we're getting there.

I've been so moved by everyone's donations for the March of Dimes Walk. It's so heartwarming to know that, even during these tough economic times, people still want to open their hearts for such a wonderful cause. I can't wait for Davis to get old enough to understand just how much love surrounds him and how many lives he's positively touched.
Of course, Easter came early for Davis. Guess from who? Hint: It starts with a 'Pa' and ends with a 'You spoil him so much'...
Lovin' him a little York...
My tennis match has been rescheduled for tonight! Wish me luck!

No comments: