Friday, September 13, 2013

Permember Me?!?

A ridiculous amount of time has passed since my last blog post. I feel like I've been keeping people informed through an easier, faster outlet like Instagram over the past year.  Recently, though, I've thought about jump starting this bad boy. I'm shocked I even remembered my password to log on, honestly.

Let me start off by sharing a story. Setting: Boogs' bedroom. Time period: Last night. Characters: Her, me, and a snoring dad.

Reese is the queen of getting out of bed and has become so creative with her reasons why. "I want to tell Jim 'good night'." "I want to sleep with Ralphie (her stuffed walrus)." "I miss you."

Last night, it was, "My teddy bear is scaring me." It went more like this, though, "MY TEDDY BEAR...*gasp, huff, puff*...IS SC-SC-SCARING MEEEEEEEE!!!" Oh, brother. I calmly explain that he's just a stuffed animal, not scary at all, and he won't hurt her. She seemed to buy it.

Five minutes pass...

Same thing. She's scared of her teddy bear, who's innocently sitting at her desk, across the room. He is, however, staring at her. So, I ask her if she wants me to remove teddy bear from her room. Great idea. Now she's bear-free and said bear is in the living room.

Five more minutes pass... "WHERE'S MY TEDDY BEAR!?!?!" You've GOT to be kidding me. By the way, this is all taking place while I'm trying to watch the only television show that I keep up with, religiously. Of course, right? She knows. I know she knows and she's doing this on purpose. "Your teddy bear is in the living room. Remember a couple minutes ago? He was a scary monster and I saved the day? I'm gonna need to you settle down, stay in your bed, and go to sleep." I don't even wait for a response because that's always when she sucks me back into her world where she wraps me around her tiny finger and dominates me.

Five minutes...

Now she's screaming from her bed that she NEEDS some water. The good listener didn't get out of her bed. But I don't either. She doesn't stop, though. Finally, I scream from my room, "JUST GET IN HERE!" She comes. "Get a drink and get up here, now." She does. "Go to sleep." Now, she's cradled in my arms, taking up half of my body, and passes out within 17 seconds. Now, I'm in awe of her all over again.  After about an hour, I scoop her up, and put her back in her bed.  Ahhhh....

This morning, I headed to the kitchen, but was stopped by the sound of her sound machine.  Her bedroom door was opened, meaning she got up yet again last night.  I peek in, look over at her desk, and that damn bear was back in his spot!  She's crazy.  100% nuts.  And I love every bit of it. 
 
 

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Can I say I love the Instagram pics, but the stories are 100% better! Keep it up, lady :)

Stacy said...

Love that you're blogging again!