Friday, May 25, 2012

Big Stuff

Wednesday was a very 'emotional mom' day. First, Davis graduated Kindergarten.

His class, walking into the gym.  He HAD to have spiked hair for the special occasion...

Davis received one of only two awards given by Miss Cochran for Most Improved during the school year. 

Kindergarten is so important.  I can't believe how much Davis learned this year.  And, what's more important, is having a great teacher leading the class.  Mrs. Johnson was just that.  I'll never forget her or Miss Cochran and all the wonderful ways they impacted my son's life!

Shaking Dr. Scrivner's hand, receiving his diploma.

D and his bud, David


And that evening...dun, dun, dun...THE RANGERS WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!  It was such a great game and awesome way to end the season.  Those boys played so hard and deserved the win!  I was a wreck, of course.  We started this season, terrified that we had made a huge mistake signing him up for this league.  We hoped and prayed he might hit the ball at least once during the season, maybe even get to first base.  That kid not only did that, multiple times, but scored runs and made plays in the outfield.  We were so amazed at how accepting the team (and entire league) was of him.  Everyone rallied around that boy all season!  And it really let Justin and I know that we might actually be doing the right thing by throwing him out into the world, rather than hide and shelter him from it.  And, if you're a parent, you know how powerful it is to feel that confirmation!

He affected everyone.  The coaches explained how our little 5 year old taught them what this whole experience is really about...spending time with your kids and having fun!  But that trophy sure does look nice in his bedroom!!!

I'm really sad it's over.  It was such a great thing to be a part of and I don't know what to do with myself, now that the season's over.  I got a little teary-eyed, folding and putting his 'skinny butt' baseball pants away for the last time! 





Here's some pics from the Award Ceremony last week...





3 comments:

Danielle said...

You just made me tear up.

Anonymous said...

I've been tearing up all week and then bawled when Riley brought home his memory book today.

So glad to have been able to share Kindergarten with you and Davis, it was nerve wracking in the start but I agree they both couldn't have had more wonderful teachers! I will miss them so much.

Congrats D and the Rangers, so awesome!!!

Andrea said...

I feel the same way! I'm so glad Davis and Riley got to sit next to each other all year. I've been crying all day and that book KILLED me!