Monday, July 12, 2010

Trip to the Museum

Justin went out of town with his dad and step-brother, so I took Davis to the Tellus Museum in Cartersville on Saturday. It wasn't nearly as nice as the one I took him to in Orlando, but we still enjoyed ourselves.

The Science in Motion exhibit displayed antique cars, bicycles, trains, etc. Davis desperately wanted to touch and sit on everything, which was obviously not allowed.

We went 'digging' for fossils and 'gem panning'.



I was fascinated by the 15-foot 'turtle' fossil. I can't remember what they called it or how old it was, of course.

I couldn't get Davis to stand in front of the 9-foot Megaladon (shark) jaw. He was, for some reason, scared of it.

I thought the children's area was really low budget. They had stuff that you could find at any daycare center.

No comments: