Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Beach

Funny story, first. On Saturday morning, Justin, Davis, and I went to Alvin's Island to kill time before Evan woke up and the rest of the family arrived at the beach. Justin headed to the dressing room to try on a pair of swimming trunks while Davis and I walked over to the wall-o-hermit crabs. I was like, "Davis, do you want to get one?" "No," he said. "Ok, then let's go." I start walking away, thinking he's going to follow suit. I turn around and he's just standing there, frozen with fear, like he's surrounded by hungry sharks or something. "Hold me, Momma." Next thing I know, one of the hermit crabs rubs up against the side of its cage scaring the sh*t out of Davis. He screams like he's being kidnapped, jumps straight up in the air, falls onto this station of pet hermit crab accessories, slams his head on the ground, and starts FREAKING OUT. I swoop him up as Justin comes rushing over from the other side of this HUGE building (that's how loud he's screaming). I couldn't do anything to calm this kid down. Finally, I was like, "How about a toy?!?! And how about you stop flailing around in my arms." The plastic motorcycle did the trick. He's still talking about how that damn crab tried to 'pinch him'. Oh, really??? Is that what we're telling people???

The rest of the trip was a BLAST...

Got to spend lots of time with Davis' great-grandma...
Had amazing food, as always, at Peg Leg Pete's...


Went out on Mom and Jay's boat...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I am so jealous; looks like you guys had a fabulous time. Love you in the bathing suit –too stinkin’ cute!