Thursday, May 14, 2009

We had our GI (click on the link to meet Davis' doc...always in a bow tie!) check up yesterday. Everything's going great although he has lost 3 ounces since his last visit (25 lbs, 13 oz). But he grew 1 and 1/2 inches in length! NBA...here we come! I explained to the doctor that we discontinued tube feedings on Aprils 1st in an effort to have his Mickey Button removed. The doctor said to come back in 2 months and, if he's maintaining proper weight, he'll take it out!!! YAY!!! I just have to log every calories he puts in his mouth and make sure it equals 1,200 by the end of the day. I used to psychotically do this when he was a baby, so that'll be a breeze. He also gave me tons of calories booster supplements, like Kid Essentials shakes, Benecalorie, and other powders to mix in his drinks. Keep your fingers crossed!

For those of you who don't know, here's an image of what his button looks like. That circular piece is actually a water-filled balloon that sits inside his stomach, keeping it in place.


We put his bed together, less the head and foot board, last night and he was so excited to get in his Big Boy bed! He's probably been ready for this for a long time. He never even rolled off! I still need to get a bed skirt (or 'drapery', as Justin called it!) to cover the tacky mattress!

Davis' last day of preschool was today. I almost cried when I picked him up. Why? Two reasons...1. My baby's growing up and 2. I'm not gonna have those 3 hours in the morning to myself anymore! Boo Hoo! Each child has been putting a memory book together all year and we finally got it today. So cute! He even got a little Certificate of Completion from his Wee Kids Class.


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Didn't you get his bed from Goodwill? Share pics! I think that I saw that little bed at the one in Woodstock and it was too cute...