Wednesday, May 13, 2009

For me (and probably lots of moms), Mother's Day translates into a 'break'...a day for Dad to step in and perform Mom's caretaking tasks. I don't need jewelry or an article of clothing - just let me sleep in, give me a card from Davis that just glorifies my amazing motherly talents, and change all the diapers! Of course, I did feel the need to go buy myself a little somethin' somethin'...but that's neither here nor there.

This was Davis' gift to me...

We're finally turning Davis' Baby Room into a Big Boy Room, themed with Sports...go figure. When I get an idea to do something in my head, I want it done yesterday. So, I took his crib apart knowing good and well that we don't have a bed to replace it with! I told Justin that Davis would have to sleep with us until we bought a bed frame, mattress, and box spring. (I purchased the head and foot board a while back.) Justin almost puked at the thought of that since he's got a very busy work week and we don't sleep well with Sir Kicks A Lot in between us. He suggested that we just make Davis sleep on his crib mattress on the floor in his room...and would you believe that it actually worked!?! He slept all night!


I went out this morning and bought everything. Now Justin just has to pick it up and assemble! I can't wait to get everything else in there! I'll post completed room pics soon.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Awesome!! A big boy bed!!! Just in time for the birthday.