Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Signing Autographs Soon

It's amazing how my little 2 and 1/2 year old impacts so many people. I mean, he's virtually a celebrity. All he needs is the red carpet...I wonder if I could make that happen...

We walk into the aquatic center every Monday and the lifeguards are like, "Hey Davis!" I would bet that about 200 people walk in and out of that place on a daily basis, but they remember my Davis. How do they even know his name? And all the old folks that do aerobics during his 1 hour session want to talk to him and throw the ball back and forth with him and distract him from what he's really there to accomplish...Meanwhile, I'm leaning over the edge of the pool screaming, "Hey lady, this isn't social hour! We're on a time schedule here!" Maybe I'm starving for a little attention...

Then, there's the grocery store...As soon as we walk in, everyone stops what they're doing and breaks out into song. Nope...That's another embellishment. There's is this woman, though, that stops us during check-out to catch up with Davis. Like they're old pals from grammar school or something. "How's your day been? Are you behaving for Mommy? Give me a five! Alright! You gonna go home and eat all those vegetables like a big boy?" Same conversation every time. Groundhog's Day Style. Davis' side of the chat goes a little like this: head shake up and down. "Uh-huh" high five. fist pump. "Uh-huh" "Bye"

When I picked Davis up from school yesterday, his substitute teacher said to me, "Davis is such a sweet boy. I enjoyed working with him so much! He's so much fun to be around!" Makes me so proud!!!

Speaking of 'sweet boy'...Davis hung out in time-out about five times last night. He's in this 'I'm going to get into everything I'm not supposed to' stage and 'I'm going to scream and throw a fit when I get caught getting into this thing I'm not supposed to' stage. We did settle down long enough to watch Wall-E, though, and he laughed and laughed at that dang robot! It was so cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Accept it..............he is just a little SUPASTAR!!