Sunday, January 18, 2009

I hate painting

We had a pretty eventful weekend...

Friday night. My girlfriend and I were in the yoga room, ya know, getting in touch with our 'deepest self'...or whatever...when all of a sudden, in walks Justin (looking more uncomfortable than ever). He whispers, "I need a diaper." My first instinct is to turn to my fellow stretchers and assure them that my husband is in full control of his bodily functions, but I figure they're probably smarter than that and way too busy repeating their mantra to worry about what I'm doing. So...I'm barefoot and running to the women's locker room to get my keys while Justin explains to me that he was summoned over the PA System to head to the Kid's Room. He said he was sure Davis fell and cut his head wide open. He definitely 'cut something open', but thank God it wasn't his head. Justin goes out to the car to get the supplies and then I clean up the mess...and what a dang mess it was. He always waits until the most inappropriate times to take his biggest dump of the day. Needless to say, it was impossible for me to 'clear my mind' after that.

Saturday afternoon. We decide to take Davis to Chuck E Cheese. Now, let me begin this story by saying that this place is NOTHING like i remembered it as a kid (Showbiz Pizza). There was no big ball pit. No enormous puppet band. And definitely no good pizza. Chuck E Cheese is nothing but a huge arcade with games way too advanced for my 2 and 1/2 year old. He had a great time, though.




Note to self: Davis is NOT a fan of little tiny carousels.




Saturday evening. We're all just hanging out in the living room. Justin and I are exhausted from painting the bathroom all day. Davis is sitting on the floor staring at the TV and ALL OF A SUDDEN he just STANDS UP!! He STOOD UP ALL BY HIMSELF FROM ON THE FLOOR!!! It was crazy. He did that twice and then decided he'd like a little more balance and stood up next to the ottoman and just LET GO! He did this about 5 times and stood without support for about 6-7 seconds each time! It was so awesome! Of course, I was trying to get him to do it again for the rest of the night and he refused. It's so funny how kids do that stuff only when they want to. You're in charge Davis. You're in charge.

Back to the vision board.....2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING 2009 = WALKING...


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Yay! Such good news about the big boy!

Post some pics of the bathroom...