Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Sh*t He Says

During Thanksgiving lunch at the Nunley's...

Justin (in a stern, Dadda-ish kind of way): "Davis.  You better stop that.  Right.  Now.  Understand?"

About 6 seconds go by...

Davis (interrupting whatever conversation's started back up and in a very mocking, teenager-ish kind of way):  "Dadda.  You better get your BUTT out of your UNDERWEAR.  Understand?"

I could have died.  Justin's grandma just starts laughing.  Justin, of course, didn't even hear it.  I was completely frozen with shock.  Not that he used the word 'butt' or 'underwear'.  He's all about the bathroom words, these days, so that wasn't surprising.  I just couldn't believe how he fired back with such an attitude.  It scared me.  I saw my 16 year old self in his face.  And it completely.  Terrified.  Me. 

Now, though, it cracks me up.  He was so angry with Justin and the worst thing he could blurt out was, "You better get your butt out of your underwear."  Gotta love him.

No comments: