Monday, October 24, 2011

Get Caught Up

Things have been pretty hectic around the Nunley front these days.  To bring you up to speed...

  • Davis is doing a million times better.  He's right back to his normal self again, which has been such a relief to us.  A big thanks to all of our wonderful family and friends for showing such concern for our precious Wooder.
  • I've been filling a lot of fairly large knitting orders...crib mobile, football hats, stuffed giraffe...
  • Justin's turning 30 in a couple weeks and I've been working my tail off on some really special things for him.  He hasn't been allowed in the basement for about a month and that's all the details I'm giving away for now.
  • We had a fun cookout at Cooper's Furnace in Cartersville yesterday with some other families.  It was nice to enjoy the beautiful weather while watch the kiddos run around together.  And something super special happened while we were there.  See bottom of post to find out... 

  • We went to a wedding on Saturday night.  They had a really cute photo booth set up with really fun props.  I thought it was a super cute idea.
  • My 29th birthday celebrations started at Bahama Breeze with family.  Booger was extremely fussy and the food was shot out, but my mom gave me the 'R' to go along with my 'D'...

I love getting her all dressed up for special occasions...
My actual birthday started with homemade breakfast, thanks to Justin and Davis.  He woke him up really early, got him ready for the day, and took him to school for me.  Then, he watched Boogs for 3 hours while I took Davis to Cartersville for therapy.  This was, seriously, the best gift ever!  Three whole hours of wandering around an antique store (my new addiction) with no kids = Paradise. 

Friday night, we met up with friends at Henry's Upstairs where we danced and listened to a really great band.


Last night, Justin took Davis to Wal-Mart, where he filled the cart with 'goodies' for me...yarn, headbands, shampoo, etc.  It was really random, but Davis was SO STINKIN' EXCITED to pick out birthday gifts for me, scan them himself, wrap it all, and give it to me.  It was a really cute gesture.  And I had a great, week-long birthday. 

  • We've been preparing for Halloween, also. Cookie Monster and Iron Man are looking very forward to trick-or-treating next week.
And now for the big reveal!!!  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jessica Ball said...

Wow, so glad all is going so great!! Reese is walking and that is so exciting!!

Kirn said...

I'm so glad Davis is getting all better!

I can't get the video to work. Make it work now I wanna see!!!

mandy

Danielle said...

Awww! I can't believe she is walking :)